More quality leads
You can be sure that in these times of crisis there are proportionally more quality leads walking around at a trade fair than there were before the crisis. All potential trade fair visitors now ask themselves the critical question as to whether a visit to that particular trade fair is really necessary. An effective trade fair visitor visits the fair for a very good reason. He or she is looking for a solution to a problem, wants to have a personal conversation with a sales person, wants to receive personal advice, wants to compare, experience, try out the product, etc.
The figures from exhibition halls and trade fair organisers also confirm this. For example, Messe Dusseldorf reported that the 2020 edition of Caravan Salon -despite a large drop in visitors- had already exceeded the 2019 sales figure four days before closing. And Technimat also had a very successful edition. This trade fair in the field of construction and infrastructure took place in October 2020. 84% of exhibitors indicated that they would definitely register for the next edition.
More time for to the point conversations
A quiet trade fair also has its advantages. Expect an atmosphere of: “I” (the customer) am here now, “they” (my suppliers) are here now too. Let’s work together to make this meeting a success. There is time for in-depth conversations that are to the point. As an exhibitor, you can pay more attention to concrete questions such as budget, planning or whatever is relevant. Make good use of the extra time!
On the website of Kortrijk Xpo you’ll find testimonials from companies who did not let Corona stop them from participating in the Tools for Schools fair, including one of our customers, educational publisher Pelckmans Kortrijk Xpo : COVID-proof fairs
A few more tips
In short, as an exhibitor you now have much more opportunity to screen and follow up your visitors in depth. Under the motto ‘preparation is the key to success’, here are a few more tips:
- Think carefully about your initial goal when you decided to exhibit. Generate leads? Branding? Product introduction? Relationship management? Determine your focus.
- Make sure you have sufficient promotion around your participation and invite your target group (personally).
- Make it clear what protective measures the trade fair organiser and you as an exhibitor will be taking.
- To measure is to know. Provide a (Corona proof) solution for capturing visitor data. There are some handy analysis tools and apps that do this.
- Go through all the steps beforehand: strategy, practical plan, preparing your team and follow up. The success of your trade fair participation depends on a good overall plan.
So, don’t miss any opportunities as an exhibitor. Don’t stay home because of Corona. Go to the trade fair and make meaningful connections!